(402) 435-3223 Office | (402) 435-4239 Fax | firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi Hornung-Scherr serves as Scudder Law Firm’s President. She has over 25 years of experience representing publicly traded and privately held companies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, financings, securities, and corporate law, with a particular focus on acquisitions, securities offerings and compliance, and transportation, logistics, and supply chain matters. She has provided national association leadership, served as an expert speaker, and drafted model documents for industry-wide use related to transportation, logistics, and supply chain matters.
Heidi's securities experience includes oversight responsibility in representing issuers and underwriters on over 20 public stock offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, secondary offerings, and cross-border offerings. She also has primary responsibility for the timely and efficient preparation and filing of securities reports for public companies and their insiders. She advises public company boards on corporate governance, securities compliance, acquisition, and transportation matters. Heidi has assisted companies ranging in size from start-ups to a Fortune 10 company in developing transportation, logistics, and supply chain agreements.
Heidi's mergers and acquisitions experience includes primary execution responsibility for hundreds of transactions, including experience with the following:
- Lead responsibility for buy-side and sell-side representation in many industry sectors, including truckload, less-than-truckload, last mile, brokerage, flatbed, refrigerated, dry van, warehousing, port, intermodal, expedited, regional, household goods, equipment leasing, and logistics;
- Lead responsibility in mergers and acquisitions transactions ranging in size from less than $1 million to over $1 billion in value, including public company mergers, tender offers, go private, reverse takeover, and leveraged buy-outs;
- Representation of stalking horse bidders in the purchase of assets through bankruptcy; and
- Drafter of model merger and acquisition agreements for a national industry association.
Heidi practices with a dedication to client service and precise execution that has built a strong relationship with clients as well as with investment banks, commercial banks, industry leaders, and other professionals.
Heidi has presented at several industry conferences, including: the Capital Roundtable, the Northwestern University Transportation Center Business Advisory Committee, annual conferences for the American Trucking Associations, and the National Accounting & Finance Council (NAFC) of the American Trucking Associations. Heidi is a former Chairperson of the American Trucking Associations NAFC M&A Taskforce and currently serves as Chairperson of its Finance Relations Council.
Heidi received her J.D. in 1995 from the University of Nebraska College of Law, where she served as a member of the Allen Moot Court Board and received honors for Best Oral Advocate and Best Forensic Performance. Heidi has always had a passion for public speaking and has supplemented her corporate work with successful appearances before the Nebraska Supreme Court, including on transportation matters. In 1992, she received her B.A. from Hastings College in Hastings, Nebraska. Heidi is a recipient of 40 under 40 by The Midlands Business Journal and is a Nebraska Bar Association Fellow.
Education: Hastings College (B.A., 1992); University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., 1995)
Admitted to Practice: Nebraska